We're pleased to announce that we now have our own app for your child to use on an Android tablet (it will also work on Android phones).
Click the 'Get it on Google Play' banner opposite to download the app to your device for free.
How to use the app
When the app first starts you will see a picture that your child can colour in. Use the palette at the bottom of the screen to pick a colour to use and then draw on the "paper" with your finger:
There are a number of options at the top of the screen, these are as follows:
- Tap this to clear the current drawing and start a new colouring in from scratch
- Tap this to clear the current drawing and start a brand new blank drawing
- Tap this to choose a brush size to paint with
- Tap this to switch from drawing to rubbing out
- Tap this to save the drawing to your device
- Tap this to send the current drawing to Helen at the Playgroup (see below).
Sending a drawing or colouring in
When you tap the button to send the current drawing to Playgroup, your email app on your device will launch with the picture as an attachment. Simply enter your child's name and press send.
This is a brand new venture and it's impossible to test our app on every Android device out there, so if you experience any problems then please make a note of what device you're using, the version of Android and exactly what problem you had before emailing us with the details.
We look forward to seeing your drawings!